There Goes My Hero is a 501(c)-3 nonprofit with a mission to restore hope to blood cancer patients and their families by registering bone marrow donors, funding nutritious meals, and supporting blood cancer research. We are a small organization of dedicated professionals and volunteers that has a large impact on the blood cancer community, registering over 2,500 bone marrow donors every year and funding over 16,000 meals to patients and their families. Learn more at www.theregoesmyhero.org.
We are currently seeking applications for a Marketing and Events Intern for fall semester. The ideal applicant will be enthusiastic and committed to Hero’s mission, an independent worker, and proactive thinker. The marketing intern will devote 5-10 hours per week helping engage Hero with the community through marketing, events planning, and assisting with bone marrow registry drives. The intern will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Marketing Manager and volunteer committee members.
- Help plan and market our OctoberTaste fall event and HeroPalooza 5K race and crab feast, which will be held in the spring
- Assist with bone marrow donor registry drives at schools, colleges, churches, and businesses in the Baltimore area
- Create content for Hero’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Write content for Hero’s blog and update the website
- Help with Hero’s e-mail blasts and other online marketing
- Assist with mailings and other office work
Our ideal candidate is:
- Committed, energetic, and flexible
- Excited to work with the public
- A good communicator, and has great writing and speaking skills (experience writing for social media and the web a plus)
- Able to multitask and has a very good attention to detail (administrative experience a plus)
- A self-starter willing to learn new things and takes direction well
- Familiar with office work, and knows how to use the Google Drive suite
- Very familiar with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and WordPress
- Interested in working with diverse groups of people in a collaborative environment
How to Apply:
Please send a short cover letter describing your interest in and qualification for the position and a resume to Kristina Gaddy at email@example.com with the subject line “Internship Application.” No phone calls, please.
We hope to hire a position by the end of July. University credit may be available for this internship and we are able to offer a small stipend. People of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.